It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 59  Next
 Post subject: Re: Class of 2021
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:36 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
We have two open scholarships. I hope Porter saves one or both for use in the post-season transfer market, or maybe on a late-developing high school senior.

Personally, I would like to see us sign a wide-body 6'5"-6'7" power forward, an Aundre Jackson or Leon Young type who can score underneath and provide some muscle when the game gets chippy. (I'm sure JCT would approve.)

Agreed on a 6'7'' power forward type, but I would like to see a Juco or a grad transfer with some experience. I'm hoping that Hutson and Frank can get it done at center by tagging in and out, and I feel great about our guard play, as I still think we'll have a lot of weapons there... A power forward who can provide an Andre Jackson-like spark may be the difference in 2021-2022 being a reloading year instead of a rebuilding year.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:52 pm 

Couple things I've seen on the bird app about guys Loyola is allegedly interested in for 2021. Haven't had time, and likely won't have time this week, to dig up any more on them.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:35 am 

We're gonna have a LOT of speed in '21. We'll really be able to run it on teams; Kruts great and I wouldn't trade him for the world, but his skills really shine when we run a slower tempo'd offense. It'll be curious to see how things change after he's gone.

Kennedy, Anderson, Kaifes, Johnson, and Hebb are all really good athletes that can get out and run... I'm really curious to see what Welch becomes. I've always liked the idea about developing him into a wing, but he could be a really good stretch 5 if we wanna go all in on high tempo offense. He'd just need to add muscle to defend better.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:30 pm 

Sounds like on the outside looking in with Poulakidas and Sayles. But I feel like they are somewhat similar players to out recent commits in Johnson (athletic guard) and Schwieger (wing who can shoot).

Curious to see what the plan for the last two spots are. Would think maybe we’re saving one for JUCO or possible transfer, and still have a lot of other offers out.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:21 pm 

bmh_twosix wrote:
Curious to see what the plan for the last two spots are. Would think maybe we’re saving one for JUCO or possible transfer, and still have a lot of other offers out.

JUCO recruiting is going to be a disaster this season. Yes, there are diamonds to be unearthed there, but still: disaster

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:49 am 

Is there a reason we have not offered Newell from Young (the other player mentioned in the article) We seem to have good relationship with Young.....?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 8:45 am 

New offer: Kanye Jones, a 6'4" shooting guard from Florida.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/kanye-jones

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:05 am 

I watched the video of Jones pinned to his Twitter. Looks good, but the weird thing is that he shoots jumpers with his right hand but layups (almost exclusively) with his left hand.

(Somebody else watch it and tell me if I'm just imagining this.)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2020 9:54 am 

swellafelon wrote:
I watched the video of Jones pinned to his Twitter. Looks good, but the weird thing is that he shoots jumpers with his right hand but layups (almost exclusively) with his left hand.

He almost always seemed to end up on the left side of the basket, and there was definitely a string in the last minute of the video where he consistently went up with the left hand and had a few left handed dunks scattered in there. Felt like in the first 3/4 of the video there were a lot of right handed lay-up but on the left side of the basket.

Also ,here's a short article about him and his slew or recent offers.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:14 am 

bmh_twosix wrote:
swellafelon wrote:

He almost always seemed to end up on the left side of the basket, and there was definitely a string in the last minute of the video where he consistently went up with the left hand and had a few left handed dunks scattered in there. Felt like in the first 3/4 of the video there were a lot of right handed lay-up but on the left side of the basket.

Also ,here's a short article about him and his slew or recent offers.

Our latest offer reportedly making his decision soon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 582 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 59  Next