It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: ESPN games
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:36 pm 

http://www.mvc-sports.com/mbasketball/news/2013-14/6843/missouri-valley-announces-espn-telecast-plans/?utm_source=buffer&utm_campaign=Buffer&utm_content=buffer0d2bb&utm_medium=twitter

Looks like we'll be on ESPN3 for the Bradley and ISUr games.

Post subject: Re: ESPN games
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:00 pm 

For as many issues as I had with the Horizon league, I will admit that it was awesome they were able to offer live stream video broadcasts of a majority of our games.

I'm assuming there is no no MVC equivalent to what we had, is there? Are the displaced Loyola fans around the country going to have to settle for the radio broadcast streamed over the internet?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:18 pm 

Yeah, this is disappointing. We were on ESPN U at least twice last year.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:35 pm 

I thought I read something about a separate TV deal that would cover every game.

Am I imagining that?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:48 pm 
Site Admin

I saw several Loyola games in Normal on ComcastSportsNet last year. That was an HL deal with Comcast. I am pretty sure this ESPN national telecast list is totally separate from any deals that regional or local teams have with their respective cable systems.

I know for sure that in past years a decision was made at Loyola to forego local radio broadcasts in favor of putting more games on TV. I'm fairly certain that there will be some package of local broadcasts-- over and above the ESPN broadcasts listed in this lineup. It might be Comcast, it might be improved radio.

For some of you, I needn't remind you that Loyola broadcasters have traditionallly been at very high levels. Maybe some others need to know that they need to turn up at games to be relevant.

Go ahead and fret. I'm still totally jazzed that we're in this league.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:23 pm 

Rambler63 wrote:
It might be Comcast, it might be improved radio.

Improved radio? I'm already irritated that we don't have more games in HD.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:02 am 

I believe the MVC has also now released the games to be televised on FSN. ESPN gets first crack at games and that's followed by Fox and then the local outlets that show games for the individual teams. There is no free streaming of events for the conference as it tries to do what it can to actually make money. Most, if not all, schools have some sort of online video access to games that you can pay for to watch. I know some will pay a one time charge to watch an away game that they can't find on TV. ESPN3 is also a pretty nice thing to have as they'll pick up some of the "local" games and broadcast it to anyone. I know a number of our games that were on Cox last year were picked up on ESPN3 and Shocker fans around the world could tune in and watch.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:20 pm 
Site Admin

Killing me...

We seem like a whiney and reactionary bunch of shrinking violets. Like a lottery winner that worries and wonders and obsesses about how much will be taken out in taxes.

The fact is Loyola will be a much higher profile team from now on. Our games will be much more noticed and significant. Our students will be unable to ignore our sports involvement.

Have you seen how we're doing so far? We're kicking ass in golf and women's soccer. We're exceeding in women's volleyball. Men's soccer is OK, but could use some improvement.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:54 am 

And I'm not 100% sure, but I think that even the Fox games that are carried regionally, are available on ESPN3 nationally. They'll be blacked out in our markets, but for those outside of the area, they can be picked up online.

Do you guys have any sort of local TV deal? Cox will pick up and broadcast most if not all of our games that aren't already picked up by ESPN/FSN. I know most if not all of the Valley schools have some sort of local deal in place so they can see their teams. As part of our Cox deal, our games are available all over the state and into parts of MO, OK and AR.