It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:05 pm 

Greetings Rambler fans! I wanted to share a unique opportunity to donate to LU & the Sisters of Charity and get a cool shirt in the process.

On Saturday I had the idea to create a Sister Jean: Mission from God (Blues Brothers) t-shirt graphic but had no idea what to do with it. Although I'm not an LU alumn, I am a good Catholic boy from the northwest side, so I was inspired to quickly turn this into a charitable drive. After learning how to build a website and t-shirt logistics, I was in business...or charity!

100% of the net proceeds from these shirts will be donated in full to the Sisters of Charity of the BVM and the Loyola Athletic Fund. I will be splitting the proceeds down the middle and sending checks to each as soon as the dust settles next week.

Please check out the landing page and product page to donate to a couple great causes and get an awesome t-shirt as a keepsake from this unforgettable run: https://sister-jeans-going-to-san-antonio.myshopify.com/

(On Sunday, thanks to twitter retweets by Sarah Spain, Marc Silverman, and David Kaplan we were able to surpass $2k in shirt sales! We are on our way to writing a couple large checks to Sisters of Charity and LU!)

If you're not interested in a shirt but support the cause, please share with friends, family, and colleagues. Every bit of effort is appreciated!

Thank you!! #OnwardLU
Mike
Twitter: @MikeSchaefer14

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:29 am 

Thank you to everyone that bought a shirt or shared the link. Together, we raised over $2,000 after costs to donate to BVM Sisters of Charity and LU Athletics. Couldn’t have done it without you!

I still have shirts, which are now $15 and standard shipping cost has been reduced to $5 since there’s no need to rush the orders. The sale of remaining inventory will help us raise an additional $1k in proceeds so all help is appreciated!

https://sister-jeans-going-to-san-antonio.myshopify.com/

Thank you and have a blessed Easter!

Mike

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 2:58 pm 

Super cool!