It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:23 pm 

I wasn't able to make it to Dallas or Atlanta, but I am able and willing to go to San Antonio..... IF I can get a ticket. Unlike St. Louis, I don't want to go unless I can get dibs on a ticket.

My plan right now is to take the train on Thursday, arriving late Friday night (it's free for me, because I have so many train miles). Also open to joining up on a road trip if anyone's driving, and sharing on an inexpensive hotel.

Let me know if anyone has any inside ticket info or plans that fit sharing. You can direct message me through Ramblermania or by email at e.fivesales -at- gmail.com.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:32 pm 

There are already some tickets on the secondary market that arnt insanely expensive. Many were about $200 when I was looking about 30 minutes ago.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:50 pm 

Here is updated news heard through the grapevine at postgame celebration

https://www.loyolaramblerstravel.com/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:35 am 

440Rambler wrote:
There are already some tickets on the secondary market that arnt insanely expensive. Many were about $200 when I was looking about 30 minutes ago.

Where are those seats? According to the graph ticket prices usually continue to drop throughout the week.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:31 am 

GoCubsGo wrote:
440Rambler wrote:

Where are those seats? According to the graph ticket prices usually continue to drop throughout the week.

It's a gamble right now. Tickets might go down throughout the week, but I'd guess that if Texas Tech wins tonight the prices will go up. I'm waiting for Loyola to release individual tickets, and hoping I can grab a pair from there.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:30 pm 

Flight and hotel booked.

But...tickets. What are you guys doing for tickets? Should I buy now before today's games end? Should I wait and see if the school sells individual tickets? Should I risk buying from a scalper?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:04 pm 

Preference by far is to sit in Loyola’s section where I can stand and scream all game but if it’s only 350(?) tickets still no one outside of families, faculty, and donors has a shot. Maybe the allotment increases for Final 4 in a 70k seat stadium?

If not, I’ll just keep buying a ticket off StubHub either in or next to Loyola’s section.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:19 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
Flight and hotel booked.

But...tickets. What are you guys doing for tickets? Should I buy now before today's games end? Should I wait and see if the school sells individual tickets? Should I risk buying from a scalper?

https://blog.tickpick.com/2018-ncaa-men ... t-tickets/

The graph here for past years says that ticket prices will drop throughout the week. It helps especially when a big school gets knocked out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:41 pm 

For those of you with deeper pockets, my wife and I are renting our place out at the Alteza (we live in the condos located above the Grand Hyatt). You can walk to the Alamo Dome from our place as there's a walking bridge behind our building that connects to the Alamo Dome. The Grand Hyatt is sold out - however the amenities we have living on top of the Riverwalk are like none other for this area. Here was a post I shared earlier if there is any interest on someone's part in staying in San Antonio's premier downtown high rise.

"We're offering our furnished three bedroom, 2.5 bath condo as a four day rental for $10,000 - check in Friday afternoon once your flight arrives - check out Tuesday morning (I can provide transportation to and from the airport). Our condo is children friendly if you're bringing a little one. Our condo is located across from the Alamo Dome on top of the Grand Hyatt and faces downtown San Antonio (best views in all of San Antonio hands down). Our condo exits to the Riverwalk on the first floor just outside of Ruth's Chris steakhouse (best filet mignon in San Antonio). Amenities of the condo include a heated roof top pool and separate hot tub on the 32nd floor overlooking all of the events going on throughout the weekend (everything is being built next to the Grand Hyatt presently in anticipation of this weekend's events). My condo has four flat screen televisions in three of the rooms (and comes with the baseball package and NBA package in case you want to catch the White Sox's, Cubs or Bulls during your down time). I'll leave the beer fridge stocked for you. You will have one parking space available to you in the parking garage, however everything related to the NCAA Final Four is walking distance from where we live. I will make myself available all weekend if you require assistance (staying in a condo on the same floor). You will be listed as guests of mine if you elect to take my family up on our offer. We realize it's a huge event for Loyola University Chicago alumnus and current students, we just ask that you respect our place and neighbors while using our home as we would do the same for you. Acceptable forms of payment include cashier's check, Zelle, PayPal (needs to clear prior to your stay) or cash. Thanks for your consideration - pictures can be provided upon requests. We are military friendly as we are a military family - currently active duty. Thanks again... and good luck this Saturday night!!"

Anyways, if there's any interest and you want to do this weekend in style, this is where it starts... good luck - hard to call you Cinderella when you only have five losses on the year (and most of those were close).

Here's a link to our condo: https://thealteza.com/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:44 pm 

On buying tickets for those of you attempting to save some cash... just buy them for the first game. Tickets for the championship will be discounted heavily when two teams get knocked out - you'll want to buy directly from those fans walking out of the stadium (have cash on you). Don't be surprised if some alumnus from other schools are so disappointed once they lose in the semi-finals that they give you their tickets for the championship game. It's not unusual... hopefully you won't be disappointed after Saturday's results.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next