It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:30 am 

shyhyme wrote:
Thanks for posting the ticket details Robbie!
Bought two tickets and will be there to finish my journey of being at every game since the arch finals.
It’s been one hell of a ride. Ready for two more!

Thanks Robbie!

Does anyone know when we can pick up our tickets in San Antonio?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:18 am 

ahunte1 wrote:
What about going from Austin to SA?

Not too bad. If traffic isn't horrible, you can make it from the airport to San Antonio in about an hour and a half, sometimes an hour and 15 minutes. The airport is on the south side of Austin, so you can escape the worst of Austin traffic.

There are two options: (1) Take the straight shot that is I-35. It's I-35, so it's still congested, with construction here and there. If your flight gets in between 3 p.m. and 7 p.m., I would consider option (2) because of traffic. (2) Take the 130 toll road to Seguin, and then I-10 to San Antonio. It's about 15 miles longer, but because you can go 90 on the toll road portion (speed limit is 85 on that bit, 80 elsewhere), the time winds up being the same, better if traffic on I-35 is bad. It's also not quite as butt-ugly as the I-35 drive. :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:23 am 

Thanks! We get in around 10am so we will do option 1 unless traffic looks especially bad. I have heard from someone who went in 2008 that the Austin airport was nuts on Saturday and everything in San Antonio took a lot longer than anticipated due to the crowds.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:48 am 

Go get it, y'all. I'll be with you in spirit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:50 am 

For people going through Austin:

Currently, my mom and I are landing in Austin Saturday around 11:30, and taking the Megabus at 2, which is scheduled to get into San Antonio at 3:30. I’m a little nervous that the bus will run late, and as a result we’ll miss part of the game.

If someone is driving from Austin, has room for 2 in their car, and is willing to take us, we’d appreciate a ride. I’d be more than willing to buy you a beer, lunch, and/or help with tolls. DM me if you can help out. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:55 am 

Capital One NCAA March Madness Fan Fest at the Convention Center (next to the alamodome and Riverwalk):

Free if you have a Capital One card:

https://www.ncaa.com/final-four/fan-fest/overview

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:14 am 

RamblinTank22 wrote:
For people going through Austin:

Currently, my mom and I are landing in Austin Saturday around 11:30, and taking the Megabus at 2, which is scheduled to get into San Antonio at 3:30. I’m a little nervous that the bus will run late, and as a result we’ll miss part of the game.

If someone is driving from Austin, has room for 2 in their car, and is willing to take us, we’d appreciate a ride. I’d be more than willing to buy you a beer, lunch, and/or help with tolls. DM me if you can help out. Thanks!

So I'm not a Loyola grad, I'm a Nova grad, but I've been browsing your board. I'm picking up my friend in Austin at 12:30 and driving down after that with some capacity. Not sure if that beats your time frame, but it might...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:24 am 

GoCubsGo wrote:
Capital One NCAA March Madness Fan Fest at the Convention Center (next to the alamodome and Riverwalk):

Wonder how this compares to the Gameday Hospitality pre-game posted earlier. Might do this fan fest on Sunday and the Gameday Hospitality event on Saturday--need to get a few drinks in before the game!

Any word on the official Loyola pre-game yet? Holding out on buying tickets for any pre-game event until that is announced.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:54 am 

goramblers2011 wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:

Wonder how this compares to the Gameday Hospitality pre-game posted earlier. Might do this fan fest on Sunday and the Gameday Hospitality event on Saturday--need to get a few drinks in before the game!

Any word on the official Loyola pre-game yet? Holding out on buying tickets for any pre-game event until that is announced.

Fan Fest is like the NBA Fan Fest or NFL Super Bowl Experience. So like interactive games (home run derby, slapshot practice, etc), celebrity appearances (Danny Green, tony Parker, Chrisitan Laetner, Harlem Globetrotters), etc. No free food, etc.
Friday FanFest is free for those who have a college ID. Or like I said if you have any of the Cap One cards then admission is free. This runs from Friday to Monday.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:29 am 

"Fans also can gain free admission to the Alamodome on Friday to watch the Final Four teams practice from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. and at 2 p.m. The final practice precedes the college all-star game; all-star players are scheduled to sign autographs from 1 to 2 p.m."

https://www.expressnews.com/news/local/ ... 779332.php

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next