It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:48 am 

ramblers3012 wrote:
GoCubsGo wrote:
ramblers3012 wrote:
Has anyone looked at or bought tickets for the Gameday Hospitality Pre-Game Party? I am thinking about going, it is all you can eat and drink for 4 hours before the Final Four.

How much is the party? Where can you buy tickets just for the party?

It was $45-$145 depending on the ticket level, at GamedayHospitality.com

Just Chatted with them:

Gameday Hospitality
How can we help?

is this all you can eat?

Yes

what kind of food?

Different stations of food
Food is a Gameday buffet with lots of hors d’oevres, Gameday foods and entrees.

There will be stations with different options like a taco bar, slider station, nacho station, and more to come.

The vip tickets include prime rib or strip steaks and more options.

We try to have something for everyone.

buffalo wings?

Yes, there will be wings

is this affiliated with any of the final 4 schools or just general population

General population, we have fans from all 4 schools and attendees from fans of schools that didn’t make it who are here with companies, won ticket lottery, etc.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:59 am 

Interesting. Will wait to see what the official Loyola pre-game party entails. But for the price, that looks like a good option.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:05 am 

Flights into San Antonio are pricey, to say the least. But for those looking, I booked to fly into Austin, and drive down to San Antonio for a LOT cheaper. My flight is from St Louis, but I imagine it’d be about the same from a Chicago. The drive from Austin to San Antonio is only (on average) 90 minutes or less.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:10 am 

Free Music fest at the Hemisfair:
3 days
Maroon5
Imagine Dragons etc.

https://www.ncaa.com/marchmadness/musicfest

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:28 am 

Flying from Milwaukee to Houston and driving 3 hours over to SA.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:59 am 

vuster4 wrote:
Flying from Milwaukee to Houston and driving 3 hours over to SA.

Think we're doing the exact same thing

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:09 pm 

If you're thinking about AirBNB, this might be of interest:

Quote:
REPORT: Airbnb price gouging could cost Loyola Chicago fans and parents thousands
San Antonio Airbnb hosts increase prices by as much as $3,500 per night for NCAA Final Four
(Click here to download a pdf version of this release or to share on social media)

SAN ANTONIO, TX – AirbnbWATCH, an affordable housing advocate and consumer watchdog group, released a report today showing significant price gouging by San Antonio Airbnb hosts, many of whom are commercial operators running multiple listings, for rentals during the College Basketball Final Four weekend. Many excited Loyola Chicago fans and parents are in for quite a surprise when booking their stays for this weekend.

The report reveals rates for many Airbnb rentals increasing by thousands of dollars per night during the College Basketball Final Four weekend. These are similar to the findings in previously released reports during the Super Bowl and Mardi Gras. Now, during the College Basketball Final Four weekend, an apartment in downtown San Antonio, which is normally rented for $175 per night, was being advertised for $3,500 per night for the weekend. A typical three-night stay at that apartment would cost a total of $525, but the same length of stay during the College Basketball Final Four weekend would cost more than $10,500.

“Airbnb’s price gouging was a dream killer for many football fans during the Super Bowl and a buzz kill to party goers during Mardi Gras. Airbnb is continuing that practice with folks looking to enjoy one of America’s truly great sporting events, the College Basketball Final Four,” stated Lauren Windsor, AirbnbWATCH’s spokesperson. “Permitting their ‘hosts’ – who many times -- let’s be honest – are real estate professionals – to raise rent by these astronomical rates is a very worrisome precedent that Airbnb is setting at widely attended events.”

In a San Diego Union-Tribune article, Chris Lehane, Airbnb’s Head of Global Policy and Public Affairs said, “It’s pretty clear that our hosts don’t engage in gouging. When demand for Airbnb increases, supply also tends to increase. When you look at big events, like for a Super Bowl weekend, there’s maybe a $20 increase.”

Windsor points out the reports exposing Airbnb hosts gouging guests at major events, like the Super Bowl, Mardi Gras and now at the College Basketball Final Four, tell a very different story.

“While many basketball fans hoped to see their favorite teams cut down the nets in San Antonio, they were certainly not expecting to have their dreams be ‘stuffed’ by extremely pricey stays,” stated Windsor. “Commercial Airbnb hosts will be testing the limits of college basketball fans goodwill with high lodging prices, while driving thousands of complete strangers into the streets of San Antonio neighborhoods.”

The College Basketball Final Four is scheduled for March 31 through April 2 of this year.

*All rates and unit availabilities subject to change per host preference
**Denotes commercial operator with multiple other listings including: Host Eric & Mercedes (3 listings), Host Ryan (2 listings), Host Todd (3 listings) and Host Dancito (4 listings)

###

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:32 pm 

I'm flying to Austin on Saturday, but am looking at taking the Megabus to San Antonio. Those tickets are less than $10 one way. I'm a little worried about the bus running late Saturday, and making it a close call for the game, but it is by far the cheapest option for me.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:35 pm 

Same thing. Flying to Austin Saturday morning. Getting a hotel room in Austin also.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:41 pm 

Dansen wrote:
Robbie Aces wrote:
My source is telling me that LU was given access to 3K tickets and that individual tickets will go on sale early in the week.

Is this different than the student tickets that went on sale today? $40 each, but unfortunately I cannot use those, as my dad and I are going down together and he might not pass for a student :lol:

That is a great question... I honestly don't know! The $40 is a great opportunity for the student and I hope all 16,000 of them come down... but it's not very easy/cheap to get down there. Unfortunately, I don't think many students will make it. So, even if the 3K tickets is for everyone (including students), I think we'll be okay. I also get the impression that season ticket holders will get priority.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next