It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:16 am 

Anywhere from hour and 15 minutes up to 2 hours. it really depends on traffic. 35 N they are doing a bunch of road construction on NE Side of SA. Then you never really know how traffic in Austin is. Austin is a really neat city too! SA has the Mexican Tex Mex heritage and Austin is completely opposite, but still has a lot to do!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:29 pm 

Congrats on the run you've had... as a USF alumnus living in San Antonio, one day I hope to be sitting in your shoes if our basketball program ever gets it together. You made my year though when you beat the University of Florida in Gainesville... I have nothing but full unbridled hatred for UF, so seeing you knock them off earlier this season was a blessing for those of us that don't care for their fan base.

San Antonio Sycamore gave you a bunch of great places to visit. I'll beg to differ on the Riverwalk food as I live on the Riverwalk and tend to hit a restaurant or two each week after work - you have some excellent places and you also have some restaurants that are about as note worthy as McDonald's. If you really don't want to drive, you won't be disappointed with your selection of restaurants on the Riverwalk. The Pearl is about a five to 10 minute drive from downtown and also offers some family friendly options for those of you with young ones looking to stay away from the chaos of downtown. They are closing down multiple streets starting Thursday, so traffic will be a little tougher to deal with this coming week for those of you making it our way. Welcome to San Antonio... and good luck against Michigan!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:52 pm 

The City of San Antonio Parking Garages: Can these be prepaid for or do you just have to show up the day of?

If not prepaid and open then how early do you need to show up before they are all booked?
What's a good secret parking garage to park at?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:01 am 

I've never used pre-paid parking in San Antonio, just don't trust them. There is a garage on Houston/Navarro called Houston Street Garage. It's where I park anytime I go downtown. It's about 7 block walk from there to Convention Center. Another garage called Travis Park Plaza Garage that is about a 9 block walk. Bunch of small lots around that area as well. The garages directly across the Convention center will probably be jacked up pricing. I don't know if you are staying downtown or not, but the public transportation is Via and they have a park and ride set up for $5 round trip and it takes you to the area where all the events are going on. Here is a website for that.

http://www.viainfo.net/2018/03/19/park- ... tival-via/

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:30 am 

SycamoreinSanAntonio wrote:
I've never used pre-paid parking in San Antonio, just don't trust them. There is a garage on Houston/Navarro called Houston Street Garage. It's where I park anytime I go downtown. It's about 7 block walk from there to Convention Center. Another garage called Travis Park Plaza Garage that is about a 9 block walk. Bunch of small lots around that area as well. The garages directly across the Convention center will probably be jacked up pricing. I don't know if you are staying downtown or not, but the public transportation is Via and they have a park and ride set up for $5 round trip and it takes you to the area where all the events are going on. Here is a website for that.

http://www.viainfo.net/2018/03/19/park- ... tival-via/

Is Via just Bus? Is there a light rail or train to the riverwalk/Alasmo Dome?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:52 am 

Bus only.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:40 am 

SanAntonioLocal wrote:
Congrats on the run you've had... as a USF alumnus living in San Antonio, one day I hope to be sitting in your shoes if our basketball program ever gets it together. You made my year though when you beat the University of Florida in Gainesville... I have nothing but full unbridled hatred for UF, so seeing you knock them off earlier this season was a blessing for those of us that don't care for their fan base.

San Antonio Sycamore gave you a bunch of great places to visit. I'll beg to differ on the Riverwalk food as I live on the Riverwalk and tend to hit a restaurant or two each week after work - you have some excellent places and you also have some restaurants that are about as note worthy as McDonald's. If you really don't want to drive, you won't be disappointed with your selection of restaurants on the Riverwalk. The Pearl is about a five to 10 minute drive from downtown and also offers some family friendly options for those of you with young ones looking to stay away from the chaos of downtown. They are closing down multiple streets starting Thursday, so traffic will be a little tougher to deal with this coming week for those of you making it our way. Welcome to San Antonio... and good luck against Michigan!

So what's good on the Riverwalk?
Looks like everything is centered around Alamodome/riverwalk/hemisphere/convention center
And once you park won't be able to use car.

So what is good on riverwalk?