It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Rasheed Worrell
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:55 pm 

Just read that Rasheed Worrell a 6'8" power forward from Alabama is on campus today. He averaged 13.6 pts, 9.5 rebounds and 3.5 blocks per game as a junior last year. He has visited a number of MVC schools, and has offers from several southern schools. Loyola did an at home visit with him earlier this month. It appears the coaching staff is keeping a number of options open.

Post subject: Re: Rasheed Worrell
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:15 am 
Site Admin

Here's a video. Shows him shooting, dunking, dribbling end to end and finishing, shooting the three, etc.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

He's listed as a 2 star recruit, with a lot of offers from smaller conference Southern schools --- Appalacian State, Wofford, Furman, Chattanooga, etc. LaSalle, Wichita State, UNC Greensboro, Murray State, and others have shown interest, but not offered. There's no indication of interest or an offer from Loyola, other than tweets saying he visited us and Mississippi State. Kid may have been a late bloomer.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:11 pm 

According to sources, he is going to announce his choice on September 30th.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:34 am 

I admire this kid. For whatever reason, he wasn't being recruited so he and his coach jumped in a car and started taking unofficial visits to everyone in driving distance. He'd work out and play some pickup with the teams and got himself a few offers that way. I have no idea how good the kid is or could be, but I love his drive.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:58 pm 

SubGod22 wrote:
I admire this kid. For whatever reason, he wasn't being recruited so he and his coach jumped in a car and started taking unofficial visits to everyone in driving distance. He'd work out and play some pickup with the teams and got himself a few offers that way. I have no idea how good the kid is or could be, but I love his drive.

I agree. He came to WSU on an unofficial and Marshall was impressed, but did not offer. I think this kid is going to be a great get. If he picks in the fall, good luck to Loyola. If he picks in the spring, hope it's the Shockers!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:36 pm 
Site Admin

All kinds of really good kids get missed in the current system of recruiting. I think it's part of the reason for increased parity in college basketball over the past 5-10 years. It's probably even worse in Football Country like where this kid kid comes from.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:19 pm 

Rambler63 wrote:
All kinds of really good kids get missed in the current system of recruiting. I think it's part of the reason for increased parity in college basketball over the past 5-10 years. It's probably even worse in Football Country like where this kid kid comes from.

That's no joke. Marshall has had a lot of success locating and recognizing kids early on. Some start to get noticed and others don't.

Tekele Cotton, our JR guard, is a great example. When he signed with us, most fans figured he'd RS and not contribute much for a few years as nobody had heard of him and the recruiting sites had little on him. He's been a player since day one and is the best defensive player in the MVC no matter who won the award last year.

Ron Baker is another. I think his only other DI offer was to one of the Dakota schools. 3G convinced him to walk on and RS a year and we all seen what he can do in March.

And our '14 commit Zach Brown ended up being fairly decently ranked and had offers from BcS schools, but 3G and company have been on him for a couple of years and that dedication to him got us a verbal from him when he could have went someplace like Texas. And he's a Texas kid.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:57 pm 

He committed to Appy State this weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:56 am 

SubGod22 wrote:
He committed to Appy State this weekend.

That's too bad. Good luck to him!