It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:00 am 

Re Eureka game one more time.
Last season we beat Eureka by 38 points and the NEXT GAME lost to St. Joe's by 14, then went on to win our next two..... So maybe getting past UMKC is ok and underperforming first half was to be expected. . But a lesson for the future to not book such a meaningless game. Just Sayin....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:51 am 

It wasn't the best game, but it was a win, which is all that matters in the end. Satterwhite just didn't have it last night, which is why he didn't play that much. In his 7 minutes, he had 3 fouls, so I understand that. I think Porter wanted to go small, which is why Krutwig only got 16 minutes. I was surprised Williamson didn't play a little more, but he did look like a freshman for the short time he was out there. I think the bench minutes will go up when the roster gets healthier.

I think there were a couple reasons for the poor start. The nerves for Richardson and especially Custer might've been an issue in the 1st half. The whole team was going too fast, and that caused some issues. When we played our best, it was when we slowed it down a little preventing the dumb mistakes. The turnovers were mostly self-inflicted (traveling, 5 seconds on the inbound play). I don't think that'll be a recurring issue. The poor shooting might've been due to the layout. The end we shot at in the 1st half didn't have any stands, just media at tables. When you looked at the basket, especially from the floor, there wasn't much to help you determine distance. I think it's just a hard place to shoot. The 2nd half side was better, but the stands were still far away. I think Municipal is just a hard place to shoot.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:46 am 

I disagree with the appraisal of Satterwhite. The only negative on his stat line was one turnover, and five other LU players had 2 or more. When I checked the plus/minus stats at the half, he had one of the better numbers for LU, and I think his length was something UMKC couldn't counter. He had the first half breakaway basket where his first step after receiving the ball shot him past the trailing defender to create space, and had the broadcast commentators (and me) very impressed. His combination of speed and length should be a valuable tool for this team, if some plays can be developed to take advantage.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:07 pm 

JCT wrote:
I disagree with the appraisal of Satterwhite. The only negative on his stat line was one turnover, and five other LU players had 2 or more. When I checked the plus/minus stats at the half, he had one of the better numbers for LU, and I think his length was something UMKC couldn't counter. He had the first half breakaway basket where his first step after receiving the ball shot him past the trailing defender to create space, and had the broadcast commentators (and me) very impressed. His combination of speed and length should be a valuable tool for this team, if some plays can be developed to take advantage.

Three fouls early is pretty rough, but I've been really impressed with his growth. You can tell he has so much more faith in his legs and shot this year. I'd probably guess he plays more when he's not in early foul trouble.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:43 pm 

Yeah, you're right, I forgot about the fouls. Three fouls in seven minutes means he'd foul out in what, 12?