It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:04 am 

I came across this news purely by accident when reading the "Transactions" section of the Chicago Tribune sports pages.
Unbelievable...
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

http://www.pennathletics.com/news/jason ... 06-26-2017

Note to JCT: I know this isn't basketball-related, but please don't move it for a couple days. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:35 am 

The most ridiculous part of the press release is the claim that a search committee made the selection.

Or maybe it's that the release fails to mention that Jason is the husband of the Athletic Director.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:53 am 

I'm sure they will both wear out their welcome pretty soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:26 pm 

Link: https://penncurrent.upenn.edu/interview ... ce-calhoun

Q:

How was your experience at Loyola University Chicago as AD?
A:

My boss at Loyola was Vice President Rob Kelly, and he was somebody that I so respected because I think he had that same mentality as I, that we are going to strive for excellence, and we didn’t know all the answers, we were going to make some mistakes in doing it, but that we were also going to do some great work. My deputy AD was current Temple AD Pat Kraft, who is a tremendously talented administrator. I really threw my heart and soul into the job, and while it was only a three-year tenure, I dare say we did more in three years than they had done a long time prior to that. Athletics had become pretty stagnant in some ways, you might even say irrelevant, at Loyola. It was the chance to jumpstart the program, so everything from hiring a lot of new coaches, changing conferences, and celebrating a really important point in Loyola’s past. We just had so many unifying events that really put athletics in a different light on the campus. I learned the art of getting people together, building consensus, being a facilitator, and knowing that at the end of the day, the athletics director has to make a lot of difficult decisions, but if people at least feel like they have a voice, they are more apt to embrace the decision than if they didn’t.

Last edited by ramblermgr9599 on Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:08 pm 

My rebuttal:

Attachments:
giphy-1.gif
giphy-1.gif [ 119.81 KiB | Viewed 12378 times ]