It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: That Special SOMETHING
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:00 pm 

I have said all along that we have GOOD team--Buy why ? I ask myself. All year long I have watched this team. What makes it different than its predecessors ??

I think I have found it--It took comparing this past game against the Ill St fiasco. All year long we have played game after game tough except the Redbird game. WE played TOUGH rough Hoops !! Even Kirby appears to have caught on. ==
--Milton starts after receiving the ball at about mid court--He goes flying in among the trees --shoots or passes off--Our guys are ALWAYS moving --muscling--getting OUR position--not theirs (Ingram and Kirby all game) On one play I believe I saw Kirby flat out forearm a Panther on his way back down the court.

--I guess what I am saying is we are now playing TOUGH--Redbird game not so much--But you could see the difference --We just plainly let up against the Birds
--Milton is doing what Michael did with the Bulls--HE is making the game come to him thereby opening the rest up to do their thing !!
--Now then all our players CAN SCORE--Some more than others--BUT 51% borders on obscene !!
--We are not getting pushed around--We are doing the pushing !!!

AND That Gang is the difference as I see it. (BTW This way plus talent is why Shox are numero uno in the MVC

RUN RAMBLERS !!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:39 pm 

I think people have been too hard on this team, considering the point that we are at in the season. We have played 16 games so far, and the way I look at it, we have only played two "bad" games. Of the five losses that we have, in three of them, we have been in a position to win with less than three minutes in the game. It's tough to be upset with that kind of effort with the season when you have 11 wins. I'm quite happy with where we are so far.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:08 pm 

Toledo,
I agree with you on one level, that 11 wins is 11 wins. As a Rambler fan, I love this team and know they play hard, they have skills and are looking ever better going forward. Our players are weirdly like family to me as a Rambler fan and I am thrilled when they succeed., and as you, I'm sure, bleed when they come up short. OK, not literally! On another level, we need to be real as to who, and what is our measuring stick for a "successful" season. As I now have watched a few non- con seasons go nicely, I tend to put less stock in those numbers and now look to the ability to compete in the MVC, which we chose to join. Is that fair? Would I ever want to go backwards to the Horizon, NO WAY. I do want to see the program have what it needs and who it needs to succeed at this level. I am still not clear what exactly that means. I think the Ramblers story, when we finally contend for the MVC title will be an amazing one which SHOULD generate the fan and media attention we all are wanting for the University. So, I am glad we beat UNI, and nicely, but still smart from the Drake game, just as last season, an unexplainable step backwards. On to Bradley, on the road, a real measuring stick game, again, as to our true progress.
GO RAMBLERS.