It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:18 pm 

OK, this is getting dangerous. UNI starting to hit threes. Need Doyle back.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:50 pm 

Things are making me a little nervous here. We need to settle down and finish it out .

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:59 pm 

Big win. Ingram with a huge game, Doyle almost gets the triple double.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:27 pm 

What a personal tonic for me !!
---Milton makes it easy for the rest of our team but
---They come through including Kirby--his best game so far I think
---Ingram --WOW !!
---Custer and Richardson--nice offense but better DEFENSE--
After the first ten or twelve minutes, the Panthers had little chance--

Arguably the best game of the season for our RAMBLERS !! 56% shooting and more boards by one !! Folks say that this team or that team will be improving as the year goes by--WELL, so will we !! Jackson will be back in the mix Against Bradley !!

RUN RAMBLERS !!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:58 pm 

Great all around win, the team looked back to the way we expected them to play coming into conference.

Kirby with easily his best game. While 4 pts and 2 blocks in 13 minutes is nothing to go crazy over but he showed a lot of fire and a little more confidence which is way bigger than the stats. Love it. 3 fouls, but one was SUPER soft...Refs seem to always get him for those.

I think this is the second or third time Milts almost gotten a triple double. Great performance

Really impressed with the way Bruno matched up on McCloud. A lot of folks are really high on him and have noted he's come along the past few games. His block was textbook...Once he gets more confident offensively he's a good one.

Great drive late in the game by Cam. It's easy to forget he's also coming off an ACL and he seems like he's still regaining speed.

Ben and Donte with 37 minutes each. Played GREAT but still longer than i'd like (side note compare their seasonal stats to last season and it's eye popping). Donte ended up with a double double 25-10. He's really grown and I can't wait to see him play out this season.

Bradley up next. Will be a tough one in their place, and a big statement game for where we truly fall in the valley.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:41 am 

Fantastic win last night. I'm just baffled by UNI right now, but still good to defend the home court.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:05 am 

Watched my first game last night.
UNI is just horrible. It was very hard to judge where Loyola is from that game. I do know we are still playing four guys back and conceding the offensive rebound, but other than that I'm befuddled trying to figure out how good the ramblers are.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:24 am 

LU 86 wrote:
Watched my first game last night.
UNI is just horrible. It was very hard to judge where Loyola is from that game. I do know we are still playing four guys back and conceding the offensive rebound, but other than that I'm befuddled trying to figure out how good the ramblers are.

I was very surprised at how bad they were. I was ready to watch Jeremy Morgan explode for 28 points and 9 rebounds against us, but we held him to 7 and 6 with 3 turnovers. Hard to believe they beat Oklahoma and Arizona State.

I'd give our game a B+ and theirs a D.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:02 pm 

Weird thing with Morgan taking a quick look at his stats; his road numbers are significantly down in conference play over the course of his 4 seasons. He's only hit double figures in 8 road conference games over the course of 4 years.

For comparisons sake Doyle has hit double figures at 8 conference venues, 13 overall (and worth noting he missed almost all of conference play during the CBI season). Points aren't everything but it's interesting.

Morgan's never really had a good game at Gentile scoring 8,7,4, and 7. Where at home he's scored 0, 15, 18 against us.