It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:25 am 

Watched the NC State game ... this team is "legit" ... in my opinion most talent we have had in years, and a great 2017 class waiting to join. We have a lot to look forward to. I really hope that we have a nice showing for the next couple of home games, especially SDSU ... I am predicting a big win on Saturday! Anyone else??

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:30 am 

Rambleon8390 wrote:
Watched the NC State game ... this team is "legit" ... in my opinion most talent we have had in years, and a great 2017 class waiting to join. We have a lot to look forward to. I really hope that we have a nice showing for the next couple of home games, especially SDSU ... I am predicting a big win on Saturday! Anyone else??

I think we have a very good chance of winning eight games in a row.

Norfolk State (home), San Diego State (home), Wright State (home), Milwaukee (home), UIC (road), Toledo (road), Drake (road) and Illinois State (home) are all winnable games based on how the team has played against Washington State and NC State. According to TeamRankings.com, we have a high probability (better than 65% chance) of beating Norfolk State, Wright State, Milwaukee, UIC, and Drake. We have a 57.6% chance of beating Illinois State. The tough ones are going to be at Toledo (only a 37.2% chance of winning) and Saturday hosting San Diego State (37.8%).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:20 am 

brot4britu wrote:
--I am sorry to vent against someone who is most likely a wonderful Mom !!

You are right about this part!

I don't believe there is any trouble here. We all just want to win.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:23 am 

JCT wrote:

You provide evidence for this thinking, but this quote still terrifies me. The last time I played this schedule game, we lost about 5 of 8, mostly in heartbreaking fashion.

Let's do what we can to get a crowd Wednesday so we can beat Norfolk and go from there.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:17 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
JCT wrote:

You provide evidence for this thinking, but this quote still terrifies me. The last time I played this schedule game, we lost about 5 of 8, mostly in heartbreaking fashion.

Let's do what we can to get a crowd Wednesday so we can beat Norfolk and go from there.

Gotta get the crowd to make some noise as well. Even with smaller groups Gentile amplifies sound so well; and the team always gets an added boost when it gets a bit louder in there.

I'm also surprised to see our chances against Toledo are as low as they are. They've had a real up and down season and are likely still adjusting to losing Nathan Boothe. Outside of San Diego State the one team that scares me is UIC. Dikembe Dixson is a scary player; and i think he could make it to the pro's when it's all said and done. Plus Marcus Ottey is a nice freshmen guard. That all said this team does seem a bit different than past teams. The way they run their offense is just so smooth.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:59 pm 

JCT wrote:

I'm not a math major, but if each of the 8 games was a 50-50 toss up, the mathematical odds of the Ramblers winning all 8 would be 256 to 1.

http://www.mathcelebrity.com/cointoss.p ... robability

If somebody wants to calculate the odds of us winning the next 8 games by using the probabilities JCT has provided for each game, have at it !

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:32 pm 

Keeping in mind that I'm not a math major, I did a rough calculation of the odds using JCT's numbers. Result: 105 to 1 against us winning the next 8. Sounds about right to me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:51 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
Keeping in mind that I'm not a math major, I did a rough calculation of the odds using JCT's numbers, which come in at about 105 to 1 against us winning the next 8. Sounds about right to me.

Lucky for you I am a math major and an actuary, and live for this stuff. Using the rough 65% for the 5 games, you're right it's roughly 105 to 1. Since I'm a real numbers geek, I went in deeper and used the more precise numbers, and according to them there is a 2.1873% (roughly 1 out of 46 times) of winning the next 8 games. If you look at Kempom's projections, the odds are 0.7445%, about 1 out of 134 times.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:58 pm 

RamblinTank22 wrote:
swellafelon wrote:
Keeping in mind that I'm not a math major, I did a rough calculation of the odds using JCT's numbers, which come in at about 105 to 1 against us winning the next 8. Sounds about right to me.

Lucky for you I am a math major and an actuary, and live for this stuff. Using the rough 65% for the 5 games, you're right it's roughly 105 to 1. Since I'm a real numbers geek, I went in deeper and used the more precise numbers, and according to them there is a 2.1873% (roughly 1 out of 46 times) of winning the next 8 games. If you look at Kempom's projections, the odds are 0.7445%, about 1 out of 134 times.

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:13 pm 

01Grad is obviously not a math major either.

Thanks Tank for your input, but I'm going to have to deduct two points because you didn't show your work!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next