It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 1:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sean O'Mara
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:29 am 

http://www.chicagohoops.hoops247.com/in ... a-official

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:35 pm 

bad sneakers wrote:
http://www.chicagohoops.hoops247.com/index.php/2011-08-04-18-06-26/1878-sean-o-mara-talks-loyola-official

Sounds reasonably positive. Going head to head with Xavier is difficult, though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:25 pm 

Well, X has some things going for them--BUT these same things could work against Sean--We are in exactly the right place and time--An up and coming conference--Getting better each year. Our team is NOT exactly chopped liver. I think we are actually good.
X is in a competitive conference with lots of big men for Sean to play against---The Valley ?? Not so much--team to team. If he is as good as some say, I feel he could dominate in the Valley--or at least be better than competitive.

Big plus for LUC---Its location and CAMPUS !

What is best for Sean?? X or LUC--I hope and TRUST that it will be LOYOLA !!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:09 pm 
Site Admin

One of the factors that may come into play for O'Mara is he is the only guy we're recruiting at Center. Xavier is after two others at Center besides O'Mara: 6'10" 250 Chinanu Onuaku out of Riverdale Baptist School in Upper Marlboro, MD, who has many offers from ACC and East Coast schools (including Maryland); and 6'10" 210 Andre Walker out of Maryland, who plays on Onuaku's AAU team and has offers from VCU, Temple, St. Louis, George Mason and others.

Xavier also has 6'10" 275 Matt Stainbrook at Center this year and next. He sat out last year after transferring from Western Michigan, where he averaged 11.4 ppg and 6.8 rpg as a sophomore. Stainbrook started 28 games for WMU as a sophomore, and played in 33 of WMU's 34 games. So barring injury, Stainbrook will get the vast majority of minutes for X in 2014-15. At Loyola, O'Mara would likely start from the get-go.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:06 am 

The opening of practice is less than a month away--school is in session--so excuse me for asking, but when does Sean have to make a decision ??

I am fast coming around to thinking that PM goes with what he has. But then I am not familiar with recruiting rules--maybe Sean can wait and wait and wait as the man said in CASABLANCA !!

What's up with this ?? Help , please --Thanks !

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:12 am 

brot4britu wrote:
The opening of practice is less than a month away--school is in session--so excuse me for asking, but when does Sean have to make a decision ??

I am fast coming around to thinking that PM goes with what he has. But then I am not familiar with recruiting rules--maybe Sean can wait and wait and wait as the man said in CASABLANCA !!

Sean can verbal anytime he wants, but he can't sign with anyone until sometime in November. I don't have the exact dates. Or, if he so chooses, he could wait until April to sign with someone and still verbal at any point. I believe he wants to sign in th fall so I'd expect to hear something within the next three or four weeks. I believe he's wrapped up his official visits or if he hasn't, will shortly.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:03 am 

brot4britu wrote:

Brot - It sounds like you may be thinking O'Mara can play this year. He is actually a high school senior this year, graduating in the spring, and going to college in the fall of 2014. Just making sure you have it straight. Sorry if I'm mistakenly reading into your posts.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:24 pm 

To Huntie and Subbie !!! Too bad for you guys !! You have to put up with my brain cramps !!~ Of course he is a Senior this year---This was forcibly brought to my attention this day by a Notre Damer friend of mine who follows Hoops things. His words were--" He is a SENIOR , Goofy "

Just bear with me guys--I truly am harmless--ask 63, if you doubt this !!!

Thanks !!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:06 pm 

Website, verbal commits- claims Sean is down to us and Xavier. He is expected to announce today,
Sunday= September 22, according to a few blogs.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 5:03 pm 

Two posters on the Xavier message board claim insider information that O'Mara will commit there.

http://www.musketeermadness.com/board/v ... =a&start=0

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next