It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Sean O'Mara
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:09 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
Yeah, that's why I immediately discounted that info. It is pretty certain that it's down to Loyola and X.

The reason Loyola was left off is they were not mentioned in this weekends recap of Sean's recruitment. It was not meant as a flame or a slight just tweeted what was mentioned. 247 sports is under the impression that Sean committed to Xavier on his visit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:52 pm 

No offense taken. It's certainly possible that he committed, but if so, it would be sort of odd that no one has written about it and only one person has tweeted it.

Also, thanks for stopping buy our board!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:23 pm 

Don't believe anything that comes from a MO State fan. They have a few that are known to be completely full of crap. It appears that there's no information on a commitment yet so I guess the wait continues.

247 is normally pretty good, but if the only report on there is from a random tweet from a MSU fan then nothing has been reported anywhere.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:46 pm 

For Chicago area players, Illinois Prep Bullseye and Chicago Hoops are accurate almost 100% of the time. No news from either one, so Sean has not decided.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:58 pm 

SubGod22 wrote:
Don't believe anything that comes from a MO State fan. They have a few that are known to be completely full of crap. It appears that there's no information on a commitment yet so I guess the wait continues.

247 is normally pretty good, but if the only report on there is from a random tweet from a MSU fan then nothing has been reported anywhere.

Wow, good to know where I stand with you without you knowing anything about me. As a rep for 247 we are given tips and info to make our "crystal ball" projections. Typically I do not pay much attention to the reports unless there is a mention of a Bears recruit or valley teams. This week had a recap on Sean's recruitment mentioned several visits including Wichita and Loyola. The end of the recap listed that It was expected that O'mara verballed to Xavier while on an official there picking them over Wichita.

As for MSU fans being full of crap, that seems like an opinion of many based on the actions of few.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:47 pm 

MO State 247 tweeted Sunday:
Bear-Nation wrote:
Looks like Sean O'mara has choose Xavier University over Wichita State.

Bear-Nation/MO State 247,

I have a couple of questions on this.

1. Was Loyola mentioned in the recap and you forgot to mention it, or were they not mentioned?

Tuesday at 1:00
Bear-Nation wrote:
The reason Loyola was left off is they were not mentioned in this weekends recap of Sean's recruitment.

Two hours later
Bear-Nation wrote:
This week had a recap on Sean's recruitment mentioned several visits including Wichita and Loyola.

2. Did 247 state that Sean committed to Xavier or that it was expected that he would commit to Xavier?

Tuesday at 1:00
Bear-Nation wrote:
247 sports is under the impression that Sean committed to Xavier on his visit.

Two hours later
Bear-Nation wrote:
The end of the recap listed that It was expected that O'mara verballed to Xavier

3. How much is your monthly fee to be a rep for 247, and does that fee include the backpedaling lessons?

Bear-Nation wrote:
As a rep for 247 we…

Last edited by wufan on Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:49 pm 
Site Admin

I got called out by a lot of people for posting on Twitter that a Sean O'Mara verbal was expected on Sunday. The post was based on some tips from SOLID sources, hints from blogs, Twitter posts, and other places.

I was NOT driven by an insatiable urge to break a story, as this Twitter poster suggested, but because the news was so highly anticipated in the Loyola community, and because the sources appeared to be very solid.

I have adjusted my trust in sources, and in the future I would rather err on the side of caution than let this happen again. It's no excuse that I was not alone, and that I had good, trusted sources. I apologize if I misled people. I myself was on Twitter and monitoring blogs all day Sunday because I was pretty sure the news was forthcoming.

I won't make any guesses about what it all means, I'll just leave it up to you guys.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:55 pm 

As it appears fairly unlikely that O'Mara will choose WSU at this point, I hope he chooses the Ramblers! Good luck in recruiting and the 2013-14 basketball season!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:55 pm 

Four minutes from tip to twitter...Impressed!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:58 pm 
Site Admin

swellafelon wrote:

Four minutes from tip to twitter...Impressed!

What are you talking about?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next