It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:35 pm 

I don't think Tyson's cleared to cut yet, he's probably on the Kyle Schwarber recovery plan and can only shoot and jog for the time being.

-I thought Richardson showed some significant improvement in terms of his ability to drive inside and dish. If nothing else he's showing more burst and aggressiveness.

-Clayton's biggest asset certainly looks to be his interior passing; he was able to drive and slip it over and under defenders to whoever was in the post.

-Ingram was called for 3 travels, none of which seemed egregious...or even noticeable. I thought they were odd calls but what do i know.

-Aundre Jackson looks to be a weapon, he finishes well inside but can also stretch the floor far better than i expected, he was super efficient.

-Townes is extremely impressive when he drives

-Kirby's footwork is much improved, i want to see him go against someone his own size with a bit more pressure on him though. But he's certainly far ahead of where he was.

The Freshmen Report: All of them looked good and like freshmen at times, but all look solid and on the right track

-Satterwhites got a solid outside shot and will frustrate perimeter shooters with his length

-Chastain was frequently able to force offensive rebounds by using his long arms and jumping ability to slap the ball out to the perimeter leading to second chance opportunities. He's explosive for sure.

-Skokna looked rock solid, he had some strong drives and was shooting pretty well from deep.

Watching the scrimmage looked like a lot of players who tired of going against each other, running the same plays against players who know what's coming. I'm sure they're ready for some new competition.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:01 am 

Blers wrote:
I don't think Tyson's cleared to cut yet, he's probably on the Kyle Schwarber recovery plan.

So, he should be ready to contribute about the time we reach the Final Four? Sweet, I like your optimism!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:05 pm 

Well, well, well at the end of last year....after an encouraging Arch Madness by pick to click for the upcoming year was , the now gone Raja, and my pick to not click would have been Mr. Kirby. So I need more evidence that M Kirby is going to be the real deal? What the heck happened. The last time I saw him play I did not think he was capable of jumping rope. Also how many times have we complained that we did not have a coach who could develop big guys......I am dazed and confused

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:25 am 

swellafelon wrote:
On the other hand, Igor is definitely a work in progress and looked overmatched at times, particularly under the basket.

Not surprising given that he is listed at (something like) 6'7, 190 lbs. That is SKINNY!

===

Thanks to all for the reports from the scrimmage. Swella can vouch for me - I was there, but I walked into the gym (past our snazzy new "Gate A" sign) right as the final buzzer sounded, so I saw absolutely nothing.

It's hard to know what to make of these things. I remember one a few years ago where both sides shot over 60%. As it turned out, it was mostly a lack of defense that plagued us most of the season. Hopefully the improving talent level was evident, if solid Xs and Os were not. Eleven days!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:36 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:

Thanks to all for the reports from the scrimmage. Swella can vouch for me - I was there, but I walked into the gym (past our snazzy new "Gate A" sign) right as the final buzzer sounded, so I saw absolutely nothing.

Your timing was almost as bad as when Tammy Duckworth signed up for a lifetime paid membership in the Shoe Shopping Club of America in October 2004....
Or when Mark Kirk applied in January 2012 to take the February MENSA qualifying IQ exam.
(I try to be nonpartisan in my offensive remarks.)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:03 am 

swellafelon wrote:
ahunte1 wrote:

Your timing was almost as bad as when Tammy Duckworth signed up for a lifetime paid membership in the Shoe Shopping Club of America in October 2004....
Or when Mark Kirk applied in January 2012 to take the February MENSA qualifying IQ exam.
(I try to be nonpartisan in my offensive remarks.)

All aboard the Swella express elevator to hell!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:15 am 

If Americans can't make fun of disabled war heroes, then the Terrorists have won.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:36 am 

swellafelon wrote:

Wow.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:19 pm 

ahunte1 wrote:
swellafelon wrote:

Wow.

So you're okay with the Kirk stroke joke?

Expressio unius est exclusio alterius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:01 pm 

swellafelon wrote:
ahunte1 wrote:
swellafelon wrote:

Wow.

So you're okay with the Kirk stroke joke?

Expressio unius est exclusio alterius

I'm okay with all of the jokes. Didn't see the Kirk one until after I'd formulated my witty reaction though. I thought it was nice of you to make the edit and joke at the expense of #bothsides.