It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:37 am 

As projected Daniyal Robinson of the University of Houston is now the assistant at LU. One down two to go. I am guessing this also means PM is not at Sienna.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:58 am 

http://www.loyolaramblers.com/sports/m- ... 13aaa.html

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:05 am 

Chicago may have the Stanley Cup, but only Loyola and Moser have the "Daniyal Coup"!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:23 am 

smokeyjoe wrote:
As projected Daniyal Robinson of the University of Houston is now the assistant at LU. One down two to go. I am guessing this also means PM is not at Sienna.

Regarding the Siena thing... Jimmy Patsos is the new coach there. He was head coach at Loyola Maryland. The article posted in another thread is wrong.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:53 am 

swellafelon wrote:
Chicago may have the Stanley Cup, but only Loyola and Moser have the "Daniyal Coup"!

Nice.

I remember reading some where about Robinson that he is a good big man coach, which is something that several people on this board have been hoping we'd get.

I'm sure Matt Gordon is the second assistant coach.

Interested to see who will be the next new person.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:54 am 

Am I to understand that going into the July evaluation period, you only have 2 coaches? May I ask what happened that left you with zero assistants?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:07 am 

SubGod22 wrote:
Am I to understand that going into the July evaluation period, you only have 2 coaches? May I ask what happened that left you with zero assistants?

Within the past couple weeks:

Former assistant coach Jason Gardner was hired by Memphis.
Former assistant coach Armon Gates was hired at Northwestern.

Prior to that, former assistant coach Rick Malnati went back to the high school ranks at a near suburb.

This thread is about the announcement of Daniyal Robinson as the first official assistant, but the director of basketball operations for the last couple of years has been Matt Gordon, and he is still with the program and is going to be named an assistant.

Right now there's one open spot left on the staff.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:08 am 

SubGod22 wrote:

This thread might answer your question:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=106

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:50 am 

Thanks for the info guys. I've been away from all things message boards for a little over 2 months and playing a little catch up on some news. I guess it says a lot about the kind of assistant that PM can bring in to help you guys. Sounds like this new coach should help quite a bit locally being that he's from Rockford and has recruited the Chicago area in the past.

I'm curious to see how the rest of the staff takes shape and what recruiting areas will be targeted. Is Gordon another local guy? I understand you guys having a major emphasis on local talent, but am curious as to where else you've recruited in the past or where you draw from outside of IL.

I know we're looking for an assistant still at WSU as one of ours left to go to SMU. Our new assistant will most likely have TX and OK connections. But our network seems to be growing which is cool to see.

Personally, I always like Moser when he was at ISU and felt that he got the ax too early as the talent level there was loaded and they were looking to make a big splash the following season which was ruined by the new coach in my opinion. ISU fans may think differently but that's this outsiders perspective.

As I've said before, I'm anxious to see how you guys do over the next few years and how you compete.

Post subject: Coach Robinson
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:26 pm 

I was pleased to see the hiring of Coach Robinson for two reasons. First it appears he does have the experience to help the big men on the team, and secondly, he certainly knows the style and the system of Coach Moser.