It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Educate Brot !!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:08 am 

I see we have FIFTEEN players on our roster--I thought we can only have Thirteen. Or do the rules say we can only have thirteen on scholarship , thereby making two guys walk-ons ???

It does appear that we have some height--Besides Rajala, will the others contribute right off the bat or ???

Advise THANKS !!!

Post subject: Re: Educate Brot !!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:52 pm 

12 scholarship players (the 13th was not used).
3 walk ons
Jay Jay Elvir, Cal Kennedy, & Errik Parker
Total 15.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:12 pm 

FLEET WOLF 1 wrote:
12 scholarship players (the 13th was not used).
3 walk ons
Jay Jay Elvir, Cal Kennedy, & Errik Parker
Total 15.

It's actually 13 scholarships and 2 walk-ons, but the point remains. 13 is in fact the max number of scholarships.

Tyson Smith took the last scholarship, and Eric Porter, who was a walk-on last year, is not listed on the roster for this season.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:16 pm 

Sorry Brot, I was thinking of last year. ahunte 1 is right. Walk on Erik Parker is gone & we have our full 13 scholarships filled this year, as opposed to last year.

With talent like Tyler, I am happy we have 13 scholarships this year. 2016-2017 we may really need him when Peterson, White, & Turk, & possibly Doyle graduate.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:48 pm 

So there's probably not much of a chance of landing Springfield/Chatham, Illinois native Peyton Allen, who just announced he's transferring from Texas A&M after his Freshman year...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:19 pm 

Well, thanks Guys !! Thirteen it is plus walk-ons. I thought so but you confirmed it.

Now then, it looks as if we have added height --Let us hope they can compete-- Rajala and his helpers may be key--Milton and his guys will dp\o just fine as usual.
Christian has left big shoes to fill. Hopefully Porter can rotate our Bigs with confidence.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:03 am 

So there's probably not much of a chance of landing Springfield/Chatham, Illinois native Peyton Allen, who just announced he's transferring from Texas A&M after his Freshman year...

Reported on 24/7 that Northwestern, Bradley, Illinois State, Indiana State. Drake have interest in Allen.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:24 am 

natetheskate wrote:

Reported on 24/7 that Northwestern, Bradley, Illinois State, Indiana State. Drake have interest in Allen.

Allen transferred to Wichita State.

This doesn't bode well for my Roosevelt Smart prediction...

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:57 am 

swellafelon wrote:
natetheskate wrote:

Allen will be a walk-on at WSU during the 2015-16 season and on scholarship for three years following. Conner Frankamp will also be a walk-on at WSU this season, but will be eligible on December 12. WSU has 13 scholarship players and 5 walk-ons.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:45 pm 

wufan wrote:
swellafelon wrote:
natetheskate wrote:

Allen will be a walk-on at WSU during the 2015-16 season and on scholarship for three years following. Conner Frankamp will also be a walk-on at WSU this season, but will be eligible on December 12. WSU has 13 scholarship players and 5 walk-ons.

Wow... Walk-ons the quality of Frankamp and Allen is crazy. I don't know how you find playing time that far down the bench.