It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:23 pm 

Thanks to GoRamblers for teaching me what a "Hot Take" is. I'm not quite clear yet if it's a good or bad thing, but it's definitely trendy and "digital" , and I like to keep up on what's trendy (and digital). I may be old, but I am still "hip", digitally.

We recruited LaTulip out of Prospect high school for 2012, but he chose to walk on at Illinois. The sharp shooting guard was awarded a scholarship last season by the Illini, but circumstances dictated that he would be a non-scholly player again next season.

LaTulip announced recently he would redshirt next season at Illinois. Since he's on track to graduate in 2016, he would be eligible to transfer to another school and be immediately eligible to play as a grad student in 2016-2017. That is undoubtedly why he decided to redshirt, and not burn his final year of eligibility sitting on the bench at Illinois.

I'm thinking LaTulip would be attractive to Moser because he's a good shooter, a solid citizen and stellar student, and his signing would help balance Loyola's recruiting classes. As of now, Milton Doyle is the only Rambler graduating in 2017.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:12 pm 

I wouldn't really say this is a hot take but it seems like he could be a good one year addition for us when the time comes.