It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 11:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:37 pm 

Nice to see the Valley teams do well. I especially liked the Redbirds kicking the Phoenix in the ass and the way the Shockers stuck it to Crean and his Hoosiers.
The Panthers totally dominated as I expected.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:28 pm 

Dont forget the Purple Aces. So the Valley goes 5-0.
You look at UNI and wonder how they win then you look at the stat sheet and realize how fundamentally sound they are. I still cant believe that we got zero offensive rebounds against them. Same with WSU. They looked the better fundamental team and Marshall looked the better coach.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:36 pm 

Whatever it is, the VALLEY is doing very well, thank you vey much !! While the Kentucky and others ( Duke etc) will always be in the hunt , it is terrific to see what some call mid-majors ( I do not) are doing and are doing more so as each year goes by. Only dikfferen ce I can see lately is that a lot of us DO NOT play football--I say so wht, but we all know the Media, don't we? That I why it is so gratifying to see so many now starting to challenge. eg Valpo-Maryland.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:11 am 

Last year at this time there was a LOT of uncertainty and anxiety among Valley fans because the Shockers running away with the league ALONE. On top of that, you had a longtime member leave and a new school without much recent success coming in at the same time there was massive conference reorganization. So many thought the MVC might be relegated-- perhaps semi-permanently-- to a one-bid league.

Yet just a year later, you have not one but TWO teams reach the Round of 32 in the NCAA Tournament (and one of those an at-large), one team in the second round of the NIT, one team in the second round of the CIT, and the new, iffy program hosting a game in the quarterfinals of the CBI. With basically half the teams eliminated from all the postseason tournaments, ALL the MVC teams are still going. At this moment, the MVC is .0001 behind the West Coast Conference for the 9th best conference RPI in college basketball. And although UNI is going to lose a lot of players to graduation and will not be quite as strong next season, all the other postseason participants are bringing back almost all their starters.

That's pretty awesome for the near term future of the league.