It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 6:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:16 pm 

Cooooop! Needed that one...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:23 pm 

Sigh...what a shitty way to lose.

Hats off to Bradley. They played great defense...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:32 pm 

Easy to play good defense with 8 players on the court.

As clarification, the way the refs called the game was atrocious. They completely altered the way we play our game. It's on Porter for not adjusting. Regardless, that was a trash game to watch

Last edited by GoRamblers on Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:34 pm 

GoRamblers wrote:
Easy to play good defense with 8 players on the court.

Let's not do this. Our execution wasn't there. Townes couldn't hit the shots he has been hitting all year. Frank missed a few wide open layups. Just wasn't meant to be.

It was no doubt a physical game, but good teams find a way to win those. Wish we could have sent Custer/Townes out with another NCAA appearance.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:37 pm 

I did an edit a bit too late.

We needed to adjust and we didn't. Period. But let's not pretend that the officiating didn't take us out of our game. Marques and Krut bring it inside and attack the basket. When the refs blatantly ignore fouls, that gives the other team the advantage.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:38 pm 

Look great one game, look bad the next. Story of the season. About the only positive was Kaifes showing he’s not afraid of the big stage. Great years ahead for that kid.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:41 pm 

GoRamblers wrote:

We needed to adjust and we didn't. Period. But let's not pretend that the officiating didn't take us out of our game. Marques and Krut bring it inside and attack the basket. When the refs blatantly ignore fouls, that gives the other team the advantage.

Agree with this. Refs definitely let a lot go. Bradley is no doubt the more physical team. Once you could tell early in the game that the refs were going to let a lot go, you knew it'd be a tough one to win.

Kaifes was awesome. He was wide open on that last possession too....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:44 pm 

goramblers2011 wrote:
GoRamblers wrote:

Agree with this. Refs definitely let a lot go. Bradley is no doubt the more physical team. Once you could tell early in the game that the refs were going to let a lot go, you knew it'd be a tough one to win.

He absolutely was. I can understand the senior wanting to take the shot to tie it. But, yeah.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:00 pm 

01grad wrote:
goramblers2011 wrote:
GoRamblers wrote:

He absolutely was. I can understand the senior wanting to take the shot to tie it. But, yeah.

I think Porter wanted the ball in Custer's hands. Custer is a winner...I'm ok with him taking that last shot. It just wasn't meant to be. We never really got it together in this game, and even when we had the lead, we didn't seem to be confident with our possessions.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:40 pm 

Just cuz I now have nothing better to do, here's a list of Bradley fouls called this season going backward from today till beginning of conference.
Plus three for sure were intentional today to kill clock.
8 so 5)-16-20-13-14-21-16-10(LUC)-20-11-17-18-14-18-16-29-10. WOW. Even so, LUC did not play its best basketball today.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next